Friday, November 19, 2010

Back to the Middle

 Hey everyone!

As I type this blog - I'm in Tulsa, Oklahoma right now.  Back to the middle of the states!  No more mountains or Western things passing by.  It's downright normal, and I sure do miss the peaks.  My wife misses it also even though she's in Canada!

She will be flying to Dallas on Sunday to meet me as I make my way down towards Austin!  Am very excited to see her.  She's doing good with the doctors and will have to go back to Canada for a follow-up but that's not an immediate need.  We still don't know what it is but we are "doing something" about it and we trust in God's power to take care of this situation.  We will keep you all updated.

I found out that I left my camera charger in Mexico, oops.  So for the first round of pictures on this blog, from my uncle Ricky to the family picture of the Baells, they were taken with the Canon.  But the pictures afterwards were taken with my blackberry, which I had to use because the Canon was dead!  But was surprised by the quality that my BB could deliver.  Consider this an ad for the Blackberry Bold :)

It was a great time in Phoenix, and when it was time to leave on Thursday morning, I was able to have company.  Ed Smart, a nice man, was already planning on going to Albuquerque, NM by bus when I let him know that he could join me for free.  He did so, and was kind to treat me a meal and keep me company.  On the way there, I saw a guy sitting on the side of the road w a cute puppy and a sign that said, "Albuquerque".  So we thought, "hey, why not" and picked him up.  I thought I would be driving alone but now I had a couple guys and a puppy with me for the ride!

I dropped off Ed at Albuquerque, then Adam Walker (the guy I picked up) was with me all the way to Oklahoma City.  This included a long night of shivering as we slept in the car in a gas station.  If my wife was with me, she would tell me to get a hotel room.  But we survived through the night.  I got into Tulsa around noontime today and met up with Carl Moore and Tim Maynard - which will be posted in the next blog.  I'm going to try and find a new charger for the camera because the BB is filling up with pictures and getting choked up!

I am staying with Tim Maynard, a deacon at the church here in Tulsa.  He has a nice home, and his wife was kind to cook dinner and invite six others to join us.  The guests were interested into Operation Deaf Orphans so I showed them the features on www.odeafo.com and they enjoyed it and encouraged us to keep on going.

Now I am about to doze off!  Nothing beats a nice, warm bed!  Not even a cold leather seat in a Lincoln!

My wife and I are in close contact thanks to technology, and we are looking forward to being reunited in Dallas this Sunday night.

Next blog will have pictures of Tulsa and the church gathering this Sunday!  Keep on praying for us, and if you want to know more about our mission or to donate, you can do so through the link posted a few sentences ago!  :)


A Phoenix morning.  My uncle Ricky in his wood shop.  He always sends me wooden creations on my birthdays and on christmases.  

Phoenix.  It's a one-of-a-kind

Leaving my uncle's neighborhood to meet preacher Brian Baell and his church.

316577627_7bdbc6d2ac.jpg
Stole this off the internet because I didn't take pictures.  This is where Brian, myself, and Matt Poe played a round of disc golf before going to church.  Since I am on the road a lot, any exercise is welcome!  

One of the cool features of the Deaf Ministry room at the church

Brian Baell's wife, Jenn and their cute baby boy, Rowan

The Wednesday night group after my presentation.  Brian is the one in the blue shirt on the right.  Friendly group of people! 

The Baells.  The boys were constantly moving, ha.  Cute kids!  Very smart.  We were all classmates at Sunset International Bible Institute - and I remember Nicholas, the older boy, as a newborn infant.  He's grown so much!  

Jenn's happy, Brian's happy,  Alex is happy, Nicholas knows what's going on, and Rowan is pondering hard.  

The morning after.  Had a very short time with the Baells as I had to leave for a grueling 17-hour road trip to Tulsa, Oklahoma.  

Ed Smart dozing off.  Driver's revenge on a sleeping passenger.  Couldn't get a picture of the both of us together because of the BB camera.  He did take a picture of us with his camera, but haven't sent it to me.  When I get it, I'll post it!  

Flagstaff, Arizona in the distance.  Only a 2 1/2 hour drive north from Phoenix, but here, it's a different world.  A mini-colorado.  

Another perspective of Flagstaff


Flagstaff in the background.  Yeah my wife and I love Flagstaff :)  

After Flagstaff, it was finally FLAT.  Haven't seen that flatness since Nebraska!  Notice the cows crossing the road, ha.  

Adam Walker the journeyman and Tonto, the dog.  Cool guy, kept me company.  

Nearing the Arizona-New Mexico border

One of the last mountains we would see in the West

Was tough to  catch this going 75 mph with the BB camera, but mission accomplished

Albuquerque in the distance.  


After we dropped off Ed, the sun started going down quickly.  No more mountains after Albuquerque!  Just the great plains

It was dark and cold!  32 degrees overnight.  Had to heat up car before dozing off.  Then woke up two hours afterwards to heat it up again and doze off.  

Sunrise is always a welcome joy after a dark and cold night!  This was taken four hours away from Tulsa.  

Till the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment