Saturday, November 13, 2010

Viva La Mexico

We are still in Mexico!  Pictures shall tell the story!  :)  They are of yesterday and today.

A morning in Rancho Soro Mudo

Playing outside before breakfast

They asked me to do the morning devotional so I thought I'd show some pictures of my family and tell them a little bit about what Operation Deaf Orphans is about and encourage the kids to think about their future and trust in God.

The woman on the right is Alyssa, a deaf teacher at the Rancho.  She is the only deaf teacher here.  She translated what I said into LSM.  

Omar introduced me to Carlos, a deaf minister and a graduate from RSM.  We went to downtown and got ourselves some snacks.  

Their spelling is a little different.  When I say, "Alex", the X is kind of like a hook.  I had to create a sign name, it's "A" then you sign it kind of like "Arizona" because of my beard.  

Three Little Pigs.  The  children gave us a show!  

The audience.  

Nosy

One of the pigs!

Beware of the big, bad wolfette.

After the play, they said "Gracias" to our applause

Such a cute group of kids.  

After spending the day at RSM, Omar and I headed off to downtown Ensenada to check out the city and meet deaf Mexicans.  

Found a Starbucks!  

Mexico's heroes.  

Omar took me to this burrito shack, and the food was DELICIOUS!  

They don't make steaks like that in the U.S. 

Check out how huge our burritos were.  I was so full the entire night.  

The coffeehouse where many deaf people met up at.  They signed in LSM, but many Mexicans could sign in ASL as well because in the Rancho's early years, they taught in ASL.  It was only two years ago that they realized they should teach in the native Mexican language, and therefore the early graduates of RSM know ASL.  

The next day.

Omar, myself, and Alyssa were filming a short clip about prayer for the kids at RSM, and after Omar finished the praying scene, I snapped this photo of Omar standing in front of his alma mater!  

Bird's eye view of RSM.  Very nice campus!  

Later that afternoon, Omar taught a class about prayer to the oldest group of kids.  

The teenagers watching the short clip we made.  They enjoyed it!  


After we showed them the clip, we showed the movie we made at a camp in Canada.  We have made movies in Canada and Mexico, but none in the U.S.!  For those who have watched the movie we made in Canada, they will recognize this scene!  

Those kids will be out in the real world within a few years.  

Omar and I with Luke Everett, the director of the camp and son of the founder, and with another staff member.  

2 comments:

  1. I would like more information about this school for the deaf and it's location..
    Thank you
    Kristeen
    travelintoadventure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waoo E L James your book is the one which has excited us to watch movie and finally our favourite are going to play role ....Dakota Johnson & Charlie Hunnam
    50 Shades Movie

    ReplyDelete